Friday, July 13, 2012

Sketch Journal, #2.

Sketch 4, Fruit Color Value Study. Painting, that word alone is a huge intimidation factor as an artist, not because I don't feel confident or comfortable with the media, but because of the amount of great artist that have inspired the work I strive to achieve. Artist and painters like Frida Kahlo, Paul Gauguin, Pablo Picaso, and many others whose work is and has been so revolutionary.

Even though I have put such great emphasis on such a simple minuscule piece of work, it is the root to all good design. Understanding this concept of color, shade, shadow, and presentation has the potential to turn good into great. I was able to successfully create a piece I was happy with and understand the use of color with the contrast of hues tints and shades to distinguish the possibilities of the colors I had to my disposal.


No comments:

Post a Comment