Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bathroom Design

Working again on the "Santi" residence I have come across a new challenge, this time I was developing my concept that tied together the idea of unique individual definition of what a home is to a bathroom design. Along with the concept and mentallity of functionallity and aesthetics I was taking into consideration the accessibilty aspects, this was a challenge when deciding were I was to place my toilet, sink, and the design of the shower. I knew that I wanted to have a open floor plan that would allow easy turning peraminters for people who may be wheel chair users without compromising the look and feel of the project, the materials were all chosen to reflect my thought and concept that related back to the clients need as well as my conept of creating ones own definition of what home may be defined as.

After a process of creating smaller floor plans, I decided on a side mount accessible taoilet with that advantage of a roll in shower and fully accessible sink. I made sure that there were side bars on the side of the toilet that followed ADA recommendations as well as sink and countertop heights and storage space. This was a really eye opening expereince to recognize how much things can change with just a matter of inches.

Overall the completion of this project was in my opionion was successful, but could use a lot of improvement. I would have to say that more time could be used to add sketches and possible perspectives, and the overall poster layout could use some improving but I would say that I am happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment